New cdc COVID-19 CHECKLIST:
Readiness Rounds is Here to Help!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says the following:
All U.S. hospitals should be prepared for the possible arrival of patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). All hospitals should ensure their staff are trained, equipped and capable of practices needed to:
- Prevent the spread of respiratory diseases including COVID-19 within the facility
- Promptly identify and isolate patients with possible COVID-19 and inform the correct facility staff and public health authorities
- Care for a limited number of patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 as part of routine operations
- Potentially care for a larger number of patients in the context of an escalating outbreak
- Monitor and manage any healthcare personnel that might be exposed to COVID-19
- Communicate effectively within the facility and plan for appropriate external communication related to COVID-19
This checklist does not describe mandatory requirements or standards; rather, it highlights important areas for hospitals to review in preparation for potential arrivals of COVID-19 patients.
What's Available to You from Readiness Rounds:
- Feel Free to Download the CDC's checklist in Readiness Rounds' format and make copies to use to ensure you're following the suggested guidelines.
- If you are a current client and would like to add the COVID-19 checklist in electronic format at no additional cost, please contact your Account Manager or call 1 (800) 705-3401 to speak with one of our Product Support Members